We recently received important news about Pokémon Unite. Firstly, a beta has been confirmed for Japan from 24-26 June. Pokémon Unite is a MOBA, and its developer, TiMi Studios, has detailed that the game will be very similar to other titles, but that it will also have some unique twists to its execution. On the other hand, release windows and languages were also confirmed. We remind you of them below:
- July on Nintendo Switch.
- September on mobile.
- Languages: Japanese / English / Korean / Chinese (traditional) / Chinese (simplified) at launch and French / Italian / German / Spanish in the second half of 2021.
Previously we also shared with you all the Pokémon confirmed for release and beyond. Well, this time we will share the characteristics of the 5 battle types in Pokémon Unite. Here’s what each of these types means for the Pokémon in question:
- Attacker: Pokémon with low stamina that are good at dealing a lot of damage from a distance.
- Swift: Pokémon with great mobility and offence that can be used to make quick attacks and score points.
- All-rounder: Pokémon with balanced attack and stamina that can handle most situations.
- Defensive: Pokémon that have high stamina and are usually used to defend allies and hinder opponents.
- Supportive: Pokémon that provide support to the team by inflicting status conditions on opponents or healing allies.
Finally, we remind you that Pokémon Unite is a real-time two-team co-op multiplayer co-op battle game for Nintendo Switch, Android and iOS, announced on 24 June 2020 in a Pokémon Presents broadcast. The game is free to download with in-app purchases, and allows cross-platform multiplayer gameplay.