As you already know, Pokémon Unite is a team-based battle strategy game developed by The Pokémon Company and Tencent Games’ TiMi Studios. It is a free-to-download game with cross-platform connectivity for Nintendo Switch and mobile devices.
In this title, players battle against each other in 5 vs. 5 team battles. During gameplay, players will have to cooperate with their teammates to catch wild Pokémon, level up, evolve and defeat their opponents, while trying to score more points than the opposing team within the time limit.
Pokémon Unite features a spectator mode, which not only allows players to watch the action unfold in their friends’ games, but also in the games of top-ranked players from around the world. This will help players get an idea of how they can optimise their game to perform better. It is worth noting that the spectator process is well integrated into the game interface.
Well, today we’re going to talk about how to become a spectator in Pokémon Unite. Here’s what you need to do:
- Press the X button on the main menu to bring up the side menu.
- Scroll down until you see the Spectate option and select it.
- You will see two tabs: Top-Ranked Trainer and Friends.
- Select the trainer you want to see, either someone you know or a random trainer.
- After selecting their trainer flag, you will enter the game with a two-minute delay to watch the action unfold.
The delay is applied in spectator mode so that you cannot inform your friends of their opponent’s plans. The mode works well and allows the spectator to switch from one Pokémon to another in the game and keep up with the pace of the game.