Surely many of you remember the announcement of Valve’s Steam Deck, which was immediately compared to Nintendo Switch for its features. Well, today we receive information about another device that is also being strongly compared to Nintendo’s hybrid console.
It is a new product from the Chinese company GPD, specifically a new portable video game console that runs on Android and is called GPD-XP. It includes 6 GB of RAM, 128 GB of UFS 2.1 storage (MicroSD support), 4G support (with call and SMS functions disabled) and built-in microphone.
Notably, the device has an analog stick attached to the left side. This also includes a set of additional buttons. On the other hand, on the right side it has a “customizable and modular” magnetic attachment that can be put on and taken off to enjoy different types of controls depending on what you are going to play.
Other features include:
- 6.81-inch wide aspect ratio display.
- Built-in camera on the bottom left side
- 7000 mAh battery with a battery life of about 12 hours.
- Its operating system is a customized version of Android, starting at Android 11 and with Google services.
- Its price is unknown, but it is expected to be more expensive than GPD’s last model, which cost $250 USD