As you well know, Pokémon Sword and Shield has been a much talked about and controversial title since its release on Nintendo Switch. It has been an overwhelming success that has broken several franchise sales records, something that can be explained by the appeal of the mechanics it offers, the new Pokémon, the Wild Area and many other points that have been praised by fans.
However, the game has also received criticism from many players. While many of these criticisms have been unjustified, there are other constructive criticisms that are really worth analysing and sharing so that the developers can take them into account for future games.
It is for this reason that CBR has compiled a total of 5 important points to improve in Pokémon Sword and Shield. These are aspects that have been widely criticised in the community, but if they were to be improved in future releases, they would undoubtedly please many players.
Here is the list:
- Improved graphics: Hopefully the next Pokémon adventure will manage to improve the graphics of Sword and Shield, which were noted by much of the community as disappointing, especially when compared to other titles available on Nintendo Switch. There is plenty of room for improvement that we hope to see in Pokémon Legends: Arceus and future HD games in the series.
- More freedom of choice: The game was also criticized for perhaps being too linear. There were dialogues with characters that were really just a formality, as no matter which option we chose, the progress would be the same.
- More explorable region: Galar certainly stands out for its Wilderness Area zones, something that was highly praised by fans. However, the game’s routes are again perhaps too linear and without too many exploration options to “get lost” in.
- Better interactions with other characters: It would be interesting to offer interactions with other characters that are not seen as “interruptions” in the plot. There are some dialogues and situations in the game that have been pointed out as tedious, something that could be made easier with interactions that are actually relevant. Also, if they were accompanied by voice acting, it would certainly be an important step forward.
- Return of deleted features, including the much-criticised cutting of the Pokédex or other mechanics present in other instalments of the franchise, such as contests.