More Pokémon Unite-related content continues to trickle in. Following its release on Nintendo Switch as a free download, here’s some information on one aspect you may have questions about: how to add, play, and accept friend invitations in the game.
The details we’ve been able to find out on this topic are as follows:
- How to add friends?
- The friend system does not rely on the Switch friend codes, but the game has its own friendship system.
- Each player has a unique trainer ID: a seven-digit code that can be found on their trainer information card.
- To add someone as a friend is to access the friends list, go to Friend Search and enter their Coach ID.
- Players can also enable a second function to invite friends that will allow them to add friends based on their Nintendo account information: to do this, all you have to do is press the – button in the Friends Search tab, enable Nintendo account invitations and add your friends.
- How to invite your friends to a game?
- Go to the Unite Battle menu and click on one of the four big plus marks next to your avatar.
- From there, you can invite your friends to form a group of up to five players for ranked or standard matches, or four players for quick matches.
- If you receive an invitation from a friend to join their group, click accept when the notification appears, or click on their player avatar icon next to the start match button.