Interesting news continues to come in from this week’s issue of Weekly Famitsu magazine. This time, the information relates to Atlus.
The company has released numerous games on Nintendo Switch, including Persona 5 Strikers and the upcoming Shin Megami Tensei V. Well, senior executive director and general manager of the consumer software division, Naoto Hiraoka, was interviewed about the future of Atlus for the company’s 35th anniversary, and his words have left us with some relevant facts.
They are as follows:
Persona’s 25th anniversary:
- “We want to make Persona events as much as possible. Not only for Japan, but also for the West”.
Other Atlus series:
- “We will continue to focus on Vanillaware titles and other Atlus IPs.”
- “ProjectRE is progressing slowly and we hope to deliver at the right time.”
- “As for Etrian Odyssey, we want to deliver news as soon as possible.”
- “We are working on several titles, both announced and unannounced, in order to deliver them as soon as possible. We hope to bring some surprises in the future”.
- “Currently, we have five or six titles in development, and around 10 if you include the ones we are working on with Vanillaware and others, as well as research and development of technology.”
- “We’re also working on other big, unannounced projects that will surprise you. It’s frustrating, because I can’t wait to talk about them. Please give us some time before the announcement.