Since the release of Animal Crossing New Horizons there have been many updates to the game, adding content and improving the experience. It is also true that Nintendo has updated the game secretly, without announcing the updates.
The video below shows five secret updates to Animal Crossing that most players don’t even know about or haven’t noticed.
They are as follows:
- Changes to bank interest rates: Before patch 1.2 the rates were somewhat higher, they lowered them to better balance the game’s economy.
- Mermaid furniture: A bug prevented players from completing the mermaid furniture set. The mermaid fence could not be accessed. With update 1.7 this was fixed.
- Alcatifa: Repetitive dialogue can ruin the gameplay experience, especially for merchants, as they play a key role. Alcatifa would offer items such as carpets and DIY recipes, but after making a purchase, things would fail and he would be taken back to start the conversation all over again. This was solved by adding another dialogue option to simplify additional purchases.
- Figaro: Lazy villagers in the game used to mention a special dialogue involving Figaro and his coffee. The community knows that this character is actually removed, he has not yet made his debut in the game. With update 1.2 the studio removed these dialogues. Although everything points to him appearing soon.
- Funny glasses: The addition of these glasses made the atmosphere in the villages more playful and fun. But there was a bug that didn’t allow the glasses to change colour depending on the character’s skin tone. Nintendo quickly fixed it by improving the appearance of each character in the game.
Here’s the video: