We continue to receive interesting sales data from the UK. In this case, the information refers to May 2021.
GamesIndustry.biz has provided some updated sales data for that period, which shows that current-gen consoles competing with Nintendo Switch outsold the hybrid last month. Here’s the information on offer:
- PlayStation 5 and Xbox X / S Series outsold Nintendo Switch in the UK last month.
- A further surge in PS5 stock saw the console “comfortably” top the hardware charts
- Xbox platforms also received more units and came in just behind in second place, also ahead of Switch
- Switch sales last month and the month before are lower than in April and May 2020.
- However, when compared to 2019, Nintendo Switch sales are 60% higher in 2021.
- Almost 200,000 consoles were sold in the UK throughout May, an increase of 17% compared to the same period last year.
We also leave you with the list of the best-selling games in the country during May:
|1||Resident Evil: Village (Capcom)|
|2||Mass Effect: Legendary Edition (EA)|
|3||FIFA 21 (EA)|
|4||Grand Theft Auto 5 (Rockstar)|
|5||NBA 2K21 (2K Games)|
|6||Spider-Man: Miles Morales (Sony)|
|7||Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War (Activision Blizzard)|
|8||Animal Crossing: New Horizons* (Nintendo)|
|9||Red Dead Redemption 2 (Rockstar)|
|10||New Pokemon Snap* (Nintendo)|
|11||Mortal Kombat 11 (Warner Bros)|
|12||Assassin’s Creed Valhalla (Ubisoft)|
|13||Hood: Outlaws & Legends (Focus Home Interactive)|
|14||Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury* (Nintendo)|
|15||Pokémon Espada* (Nintendo)|
|16||Mario Kart 8: Deluxe* (Nintendo)|
|17||Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six: Siege (Ubisoft)|
|20||It Takes Two (EA)|