Toshihiro Nagoshi, who you probably know as the director of the Yakuza series, is moving to a new role at SEGA. This was confirmed by the company earlier today.
According to the announcement, Nagoshi will no longer be the head of the company’s creative team (CCO) and will become creative director, a lower-level position in the hierarchy. This will take effect from 1 April.
The company is thus structured as follows:
- Hajime Satomi – Honorary Chairman of the Board
- Haruki Satomi – President and CEO, Representative Director
- Yukio Sugino – President and COO, Representative Director
- Shigeru Yamashita – Vice-Chairman of the Board (in charge of the entertainment content business headquarters)
- Shuji Utsumi – Co-COO, Board Director (Head of Game Content and Service Business Office, Project Management Headquarters)
- Tatsuyuki Miyazaki – Executive Vice President, Board Director (Head of West Studios Business Headquarters, Deputy Head of Game Content and Service Business Headquarters)
- Hideo Yoshizawa – Senior Vice President, Board Director (in charge of Corporate Division)
- Taketo Oshima – Senior Vice President, Board Director (Head of Entertainment Content Business Headquarters, General Manager of MD Division)
- Toshihiro Nagoshi will remain part of the structure as Creative Director of Sega Corporation.
Finally, an absorption-type corporate split of Sammy Corporation and Sega Group Corporation is confirmed “to transform its business structure to adapt to the external environment and build an even more efficient structure for group head office operations, establishing a system to boost and support the group business as a whole by integrating corporate functions and other administrative operations into the company and dissolving the intermediate holding company in the entertainment content business and accelerating overall business development by streamlining the group structure and accelerating decision-making”.