As with previous games in the series, Animal Crossing: New Horizons features several special characters which only appear on certain days of the week, including C.J., Flick, Redd, Leif, and many more.
Typically, only one or two of these special characters will make an appearance on the island each day, seemingly on a random schedule. However, dataminer Ninji has now revealed exactly how Animal Crossing: New Horizons determines which days these special characters will appear throughout a given week, a summary of which you can find below:
- Every week, players are guaranteed to get Saharah, Kicks, and Leif on one weekday (Mon-Fri) each.
- This is provided the Able Sisters tailor shop has been built.
- The remaining two weekday slots will be randomly filled by Gulliver, Label, CJ, Flick, or Redd.
- The special characters which did not get picked for the current week will be given a higher priority for the following week.
- Celeste will appear on days where Meteor Shower weather patterns are present, separately from the other special characters.
- Wisp will pick a random day of the week to appear.
What do you think?