Since coming out in late March, Animal Crossing: New Horizons has been lighting up the sales charts. Japan is one area where the game has been selling incredibly well and it has now reached a new milestone.
Last week, Animal Crossing: New Horizons sold another 284,000 copies in Japan. Total retail sales in the country now sit at 3.85 million units. That means it has surpassed Super Smash Bros. Ultimate as Switch’s best-selling title, which has sold a total of 3.66 million copies.
The top five best-selling Switch games in Japan are as follows:
– Animal Crossing New Horizons – 3.85 million
– Super Smash Bros. Ultimate – 3.66 million
– Pokemon Sword and Pokemon Shield – 3.57 million
– Splatoon 2 – 3.38 million
– Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – 2.89 million
Animal Crossing: New Horizons has significantly outpaced all other games listed above. It’s at nearly four million copies sold – not counting digital – despite launching a little over a month ago.
What do you think?