Been waiting for the chance to add Rolling Gunner to your physical collection?
Well, your chance to do so is finally coming soon!
Publisher Physicality Games has confirmed that it will be releasing a physical version of the bullet-hell title for Nintendo Switch.
Both a Standard Edition and Deluxe Edition of the game will be available – with the latter including special extras like a SteelBook® case, CD soundtrack and more.
Pre-orders for both versions will go live in late March 2020. We’ll report back when we hear more.
In the meantime, check out more details from the press release below:
Online video game retailer Physicality Games, in partnership with video game publishers Mebius and Mastiff, today announced the planned physical release of the acclaimed shoot ‘em up (shmup) Rolling Gunner on the Nintendo Switch™ system. Fans of Rolling Gunner will be able to pre-order the physical edition exclusively from Physicality Games when the website goes live in late March 2020.
Rolling Gunner will be available to pre-order in Standard and Deluxe Editions. The Standard Edition includes a physical copy of the game housed inside a Rolling Gunner-themed collector’s tin with a clear display window that stylishly shows off the game’s explosive cover artwork. The Deluxe Edition of Rolling Gunner comes loaded with a physical copy of the game, a Rolling Gunner-themed SteelBook®, a physical soundtrack, a cloth arcade-style control sheet, and a kinetic action artwork frame with five art cards, all housed inside a Rolling Gunner-themed collector’s tin with a clear display window.
All collector’s tins from Physicality Games are sequentially numbered and feature game-themed artwork.
About Rolling Gunner
Developed by Project Rolling Gunner and directed by former CAVE employee Koizumi Daisuke (Akai Katana, Deathsmiles 2, Dondonpachi series), Rolling Gunner is a danmaku (bullet hell) style 2D horizontal shmup.
The year is 2061 and an automated computer system called the BAC has turned technology against humanity. The world’s fate now rests in the hands of a courageous RF-42R STORK pilot who must destroy the system at its source using the Rolling Gun – a specialized weapon secretly built to combat the BAC.
- Navigate across six stages blanketed in a hail of bullets from an unceasing onslaught of enemies and screen-filling bosses
- Choose from three different STORK ships to pilot, each with unique attributes and firing patterns
- Four difficulty settings allow players of all skill levels to jump in and enjoy a true danmaku experience
- Save Replays and use Training mode to master the Rolling Gun and learn the intricacies of each stage
- Beautifully animated cutscenes marry gameplay and story
- A pulse-pounding, high-energy original soundtrack composed by COSIO (Space Invaders Extreme, Groove Coaster)
What do you think?