After taking pole position in February 2020, it looks like Nintendo is still ruling the world of TV advertising!
According to VentureBeat, Nintendo was the most-viewed gaming brand on television from 16 February 2020 – 15 March 2020.
Throughout the 4-week period, the company was responsible for a sizable 77.8% of the gaming industry’s ad impressions.
Here’s a more detailed breakdown:
- Nintendo aired 14 spots over 2,100 times, generating 541.9 million TV ad impressions
- This put Nintendo in first place by a margin of nearly 500 million impressions
- The most-seen spot (95.8 million impressions) was “My Way to Play: Diner,” advertising the Switch Lite (seen below)
- Networks driving impressions included ESPN, Nick, and Disney Channel
- Top programming included Friends, college basketball, and SpongeBob SquarePants
We’ll report back if when we hear more about Nintendo’s ad push in future months.
What do you think?