As you know, many companies are now working from home via email, Skype, and Discord due to the ongoing coronavirus outbreak.
So one Japanese company decided to experiment with teleworking in Animal Crossing: New Horizons.
Here are some screenshots from their experiment between three employees:
The meeting room.
“Can’t send the picture”
Here they discuss about work related matters:
And they got distracted by the game:
They tried hosting the meeting again:
They spoke about sales from the previous month:
The company concluded their experiment with the following pros and cons:
- Compared to other chat programs, Animal Crossing: New Horizons is much more fun to use.
- Can’t send files such as images and documents
- Can’t speak about confidential matters, as they might be leaked to Nintendo
- Nothing but Animal Crossing keeps coming up during the meeting
- No one knows who is who, because everyone has their own in-game handle, rather than their real name. And it could devolve into chaos because of that.
What do you think?