Links on NintendoHill may earn us a commission. Learn more.
Been hungry for the good old days of arcade-style racing? Well, this upcoming title might just be enough to whet your appetite!
Insane Code has confirmed that their retro game 80’s Overdrive will be hitting the Switch eShop on 7 May 2020.
The title harkens back to classic hits like Outrun, with players racing across beautiful 2D-scrolling stages across the world!
Check out the trailer below, along with more details:
80’s Overdrive is a 2D pixel art racing game, designed to take you back in time to when 8- and 16-bit consoles and arcade games ruled the world.
Compete against opponents in Career Mode to unlock new races, buy new cars and upgrade them with state-of-the-art technologies!
Try your skill in Time-Attack Mode and see how far you can get in this race against the clock!
Create your own tracks with built-in track generator and easily share them with your friends!
- Cars – Six retro supercars of the ’80s such as Penetrator GT, Intruder Turbo, and De Loan. Players will be able to upgrade engine, chassis, and tires to improve top speed, acceleration, handling, and braking. Car can be also equipped with police radar and nitro boost.
- Game Modes
- Career Mode – Racers compete against each other on various, point-to-point style tracks or do special missions. Player can be also chased by the police.
- Time-Attack Mode (Outrun Mode) – Players fight against clock and try to get as far as they can until the time runs out.
- Style – Handcrafted, pixel art graphics and 18 synth / retrowave music scores.
- Tracks and Themes – Eight unique visual themes.
- Track Editor – Players can race on their own tracks. Tracks will be made by editing parameters. This would generate the track code which can be shared with friends.
What do you think?
Text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives License, additional terms may apply. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.