Links on NintendoHill may earn us a commission. Learn more.
After taking pole position in February 2020, it looks like Nintendo is still ruling the world of TV advertising!
According to VentureBeat, Nintendo was the most-viewed gaming brand on television from 16 February 2020 – 15 March 2020.
Throughout the 4-week period, the company was responsible for a sizable 77.8% of the gaming industry’s ad impressions.
Here’s a more detailed breakdown:
- Nintendo aired 14 spots over 2,100 times, generating 541.9 million TV ad impressions
- This put Nintendo in first place by a margin of nearly 500 million impressions
- The most-seen spot (95.8 million impressions) was “My Way to Play: Diner,” advertising the Switch Lite (seen below)
- Networks driving impressions included ESPN, Nick, and Disney Channel
- Top programming included Friends, college basketball, and SpongeBob SquarePants
We’ll report back if when we hear more about Nintendo’s ad push in future months.
What do you think?
Text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives License, additional terms may apply. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.