On the heels of Gamescom 2021, we now have details about the performance of the event, and also about next year’s planned edition.
The information has been shared by the organisers and includes details on spectators and much more. Here are the facts:
- The digital-only event reached 13 million people worldwide, 30% more than last year and with viewers from 180 different countries.
- Geoff Keighley’s Opening Night Live had 5.8 million viewers, an increase of more than 30% over last year and a peak of two million concurrent viewers.
- The Awesome Indies event had 500,000 live viewers, more than double the previous year.
- In total, 15,000 people participated in the Indie Arena Booth Online, the virtual booth.
- Gamescom donated almost €7,000 to Gamescom Forest, an initiative to raise funds for the reconstruction of a climate-resistant forest near the German city of Bayreuth.
- There were industry participants from 87 countries, (in 2020 there were 68 registered).
- Gamescom 2022 will take place in Cologne from Wednesday 24 August to Sunday 28 August. It will be a hybrid event, with both on-site and online parts.