At the moment there are not many details about Pokémon Legends: Arceus, the first open-world installment of the long-lived Pokémon franchise. The only thing we know for sure is that we will travel to the Sinnoh region, the setting of Pokémon Diamond and Pokémon Pearl. But the story takes place in a bygone era, before concepts such as “Pokémon Trainer” or “Pokémon League” existed.
All around us we will find wild Pokémon that inhabit hostile environments and make Sinnoh a very different region from the one we may already know after playing Pokémon Diamond and Pokémon Pearl. To catch Pokémon in Pokémon Legends: Arceus, we can observe their behavior, sneak up on them and then throw a Poké Ball at them. We can also have our Pokémon allies help us get our hands on wild Pokémon.
As all you fans know, most Pokémon games have some antagonistic team that players can battle against and in the fourth generation it was Team Galaxy (Team Galactic in Spanish America), the villainous team of Sinnoh and is arguably the most evil team in the Pokémon franchise. This is because they want to destroy the world and alter the entire universe to remake it in their image. The leader of Team Galaxy is Helio (known as Cyrus in Spanish America and English), a man who basically wants to destroy the space-time continuum for his own universe reshaping purposes.
Well, one of the biggest unknowns for many fans is whether we will see Team Galaxy in Pokémon Legends: Arceus or if it will be a completely new team, but at the moment it is totally unknown. However, from Screenrant they have shared some interesting ideas that we expose below:
- At the moment it seems rather unlikely that Team Galaxy will appear in Pokémon Legends: Arceus, as the game is set in Sinnoh’s past.
- It may all depend on how much the Pokémon story is changed when the new game arrives.
- However, it is also not ruled out since they could time travel.
- This is especially plausible considering the team’s motivations (and Helio’s control over Dialga, depending on which version of the Sinnoh games you played).
- Pokémon Legends: Arceus will be released in January, just two months after the Diamond and Pearl remakes, so it’s possible that the two games are connected by more than just region.
- Perhaps their stories will intersect in interesting ways. And even if the evil time-traveling organizations didn’t show up, players might encounter Helio’s ancestors or some precursor to Team Galaxy.
Pokémon Legends: Arceus will be released in physical and digital formats, via the Nintendo Switch eShop, on January 28, 2022 and will be priced at €59.99.