You may recall that a few days ago, a Xenoblade Chronicles voice actress hinted that a new game was on the way in the franchise. Well, now comes a report claiming that it is.
The information comes from news outlet Fanbyte, who claim that their sources have allowed them to confirm the following information about Xenoblade Chronicles 3:
- Xenoblade Chronicles 3 is in development.
- It is in the final stages of development, although its release date appears to be delayed “for a number of reasons”.
- Xenoblade Chronicles 3 was to be announced in early 2021 but was not due to development difficulties due to Pandemic and optimization on Nintendo Switch.
- It could be announced before the end of 2021.
- It is a sequel to Xenoblade Chronicles 2: “The end of the trilogy takes place in the distant future with some returning characters who have survived their human counterparts from Xenoblade Chronicles and Xenoblade Chronicles 2”.
- Melia would be returning in this third installment and that would explain the statements of her voice actress.
- It will have more character models on screen at once than any previous title, both playable characters and enemies.
- If all goes well, a release is expected in the first half of 2022.