As you know, the Mystery Gift feature is one of Pokémon Sword and Shield’s favourites. It’s recently been updated with new features, so we’ve taken the opportunity to take a look at how it works and all the gifts currently available.
Before we leave you with the information, we’d like to remind you that this feature is unlocked by clearing the game’s first event in the first city, which is completed in the Oniria Forest. After that, you can follow these steps:
- Open Pokémon Sword or Shield.
- Open the game menu by pressing X and select Mystery Gift, with the pink gift icon.
- Select the Receive Mystery Gift option.
- Choose the method you wish to use to receive a gift. If you have a code, select the Get with code/password option.
- Get your gifts:
- This means Pokémon will be added to your equipment or Pokémon boxes if there is no space if the gift is Pokémon, while if it’s clothing they can be found by visiting the fitting room of any boutique in the game.
- All other items can be found in the bag.
And now we move on to the review of currently available gifts. First up, we have those from recent events:
- The code we can receive through Mystery Gift is PLAYERSCH01CEPC.
- Gives us a Golden Badge
- Redeemable until 19 July
- The code we can receive through Mystery Gift is PJCS2020CHAMP.
- It gives us a Torkoal inspired by the Torkoal used by last year’s Japanese champion. These are its features:
- Fiery Envy
- Body Press
- Holds a Zidra Berry
- Redeemable until 19 July worldwide
And here are some previous ones:
- Zarude: Full details available here.
- Melmetal Gigamax: Full details available here.
- Pikachu and Eevee Gigamax: For Pokémon Let’s Go: Pikachu or Pokemon Let’s Go: Eevee players who have save data from these games. They can receive them inside the Wild Area train station.