Many fans are wondering if characters from previous The Legend of Zelda games could return in Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2. Today comes a curious theory that is sure to surprise you.
It suggests that one of the most remembered characters from Skyward Sword could very well return in the sequel to Breath of the Wild. It provides a series of data that undoubtedly show that it wouldn’t be too far-fetched.
Specifically, it would be Skyward Sword’s Herald of Death, known as Demise. Here are the details that support this theory of his return in Breath of the Wild 2:
- Death Herald could appear in this instalment as Ganondorf’s original ancestor.
His physical appearance could be a perfect match for the mummy in the Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2 trailer.
- The most common physical form of this herald’s hatred is the substance known as Malice, also present in Breath of the Wild.
Fans have not seen Ganondorf’s calm and calculating nature in the mummy in Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2, so it could be another character.
- The mummy’s eyes also resemble those of the Death Herald, mainly because of their glow. Ganondorf’s eyes only glowed while wielding the Triforce of Power in Ocarina of Time.
- In Breath of the Wild and Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity there is a region on the Hyrule map known as The Breach of Demise / Herald’s Gorge.
The fact that Skyward Sword HD is being released on Nintendo Switch could also be related.
- E3 2021 trailer for Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2 shows a mechanic that splits the game between heaven and earth, something similar to Skyward Sword as well