Following today’s initial announcement, SEGA has now provided a wealth of details about this promising game. We’re talking about the new Sonic Colors Ultimate.
The company has confirmed details regarding the available editions, pricing, the features of this re-release, including Rival Rush mode and more. We leave you with the details:
Sonic fans, get ready to colour the universe! Today, as part of Sonic Central, SEGA unveiled Sonic Colors: Ultimate, an adrenaline-pumping update to the iconic 2010 platformer Sonic Colors. Developed by award-winning studio Blind Squirrel Entertainment, Sonic Colors: Ultimate brings a fresh tone to the celebrated game with stunning visuals, additional features, a new mode and enhanced gameplay improvements, giving players the ultimate Sonic experience. Sonic Colors: Ultimate will launch both digitally and physically on September 7, 2021 starting at $39.99 on PlayStation 4, Xbox One Consoles and Nintendo Switch, with a digital-only release on PC via the Epic Games Store. For a limited time, Sonic fans can pre-order the physical edition of Sonic Colors: Ultimate and get access to an exclusive baby Sonic keychain.
Standard retail physical pre-order – $39.99
Exclusive Sonic Baby keychain
Sonic Colors: Ultimate – Digital Standard Edition – $39.99
- Movie Boost
- Harness the full power of Sonic from the hit
- Paramount Pictures movie and get an exclusive aura and boost.
- Exclusive player icons
Stand out from the crowd with your own exclusive player icons.
Sonic Colors: Ultimate – Digital Deluxe Edition – $44.99
- Early Access
- Sonic Colors Ultimate available Friday, September 3, 2021 at 6:00 PDT / 13:00 GMT.
- Exclusive Player Icons
- Stand out from the crowd with your own exclusive player icons.
- Ultimate Cosmetic Pack
- Customise Sonic and stand out with exclusive gold and silver gloves and shoes, an electric boost and aura from the hit Sonic movie and exclusive Sonic movie-themed player icons.
- Ultimate Music Pack
- Three exclusive original game remixes to set the beat as you take down Dr. Eggman.
Join Sonic on the high-speed adventure of a lifetime! The evil Dr. Eggman has built a gigantic interstellar amusement park filled with incredible rides and colourful attractions, but he’s powering it with a captured alien race called the Wisps. Use Sonic’s lightning speed to free the Wisps and learn the secrets of their incredible powers as you explore six unique colourful worlds, each filled with dangerous enemies and obstacles to overcome. Sonic will be put to the test in this thrilling journey to free the Wisps, whose mystical powers can be harnessed to grant special abilities, and with his help and yours, it’s a test in style! Now with stunning enhanced visuals, additional features, a new game mode and improved gameplay, it’s the Ultimate experience.
Sonic speed and non-stop action.
- Accelerate at adrenaline pumping super speed, race through challenging worlds and manoeuvre through dangerous obstacles. Time your attacks perfectly to charge up your momentum and reach supersonic speeds.
Interstellar amusement park
- Explore and venture through immersive environments, such as a mountain full of delicious sweets or an aquarium full of marine life and countless pools, all set around a mysterious astro-amusement park.
- Transform Sonic by harnessing the magnificent alien power of Wisps to defeat enemies and discover the secrets of the interstellar amusement park. Traverse solid objects and discover alternate paths with the new Phantom Wisp.
Better than ever
- Available for PC, PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Switch and now more colourful than ever with improved visuals and graphics, refined controls and many more gameplay updates. The game can also be played on PlayStation 5 through backwards compatibility and Xbox X/S Series.
Rival Rush’ mode
- Put your skills to the test and compete head-to-head with Metal Sonic – beat Metal Sonic to unlock rewards!
Put your skills to the test and compete head-to-head with Metal Sonic – beat Metal Sonic to unlock rewards!
What did you think?
Feel free to share it in the comments. Finally, we leave you with the announcement trailer: