Earlier this morning a new update was released for the Nintendo Switch game. This is a patch that the developers have officially released on the console recently for Star Wars: Republic Commando.
Specifically, this version 1.0.2 of the game includes several fixes and adjustments that aim to improve the user experience on the hybrid console. You can check out the list of new features just below:
- There were several areas where frame rates were slower than expected, most noticeable at the beginning of the first level.
- There were also areas where the frame rate itself was not affected, but the gameplay experience was not always like this. It was important for us to fix both of these, so development has focused on additional optimisations. One of these optimisations included adjusting the way the game displayed audio, to free up more system resources for performance.
- This had the added benefit of not only improving performance in areas where it was low or seemed low, but improved overall performance throughout the game.
- Resolved issues with re-binding keys
- We resolved some bugs that were causing the game to not display the proper button prompts or register that specific buttons were being pressed on the JoyCon.