We recently shared with you that Nintendo was already taking the first steps towards the “depressing” 31st of March. As you know, this day has been labelled as such because on that date many of the company’s products will be discontinued, mainly Super Mario products due to the completion of the franchise’s 35th anniversary, and sadly the day has arrived.
Well, on this occasion, Nintendo’s European Twitter account has shared a message to thank the fans for their support during the 35th anniversary of Super Mario Bros:
Thank you to everyone who joined us in commemorating the 35th anniversary of Super Mario Bros. We hope you continue to Power-Up and enjoy Mario and friends’ adventures! #SuperMario35 pic.twitter.com/TUCu2MRL9F— Nintendo of Europe (@NintendoEurope) March 31, 2021
Finally, here’s a list of all the items that will no longer be sold from today:
- Super Mario 3D All-Stars for Nintendo Switch is officially discontinued from the eShop, although there will be a way to still get it digitally.
- Super Mario Bros. 35, the free game for Nintendo Switch Online users, is discontinued.
- Super Mario Game & Watch is also discontinued and will no longer be in stock.
- Super Mario Maker servers for Wii U are shut down for good (remember that its Bookmark website was recently closed).
- The following official products are no longer on sale in the Nintendo Tokyo Shop.
- Finally, Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon & the Blade of Light will also be officially discontinued.