It looks like the Nintendo Switch and its games are still hot in the world of TV adverts!
According to VentureBeat’s figures, Nintendo was the most-viewed gaming brand on television from 1 March 2020 – 31 March 2020.
Throughout the 4-week period, the company was responsible for a sizable 84.5% of the gaming industry’s spending on TV ads.
Here’s a more detailed breakdown:
- Nintendo spent an estimated $14.6 million
- It was the only game brand which spent over $1 million in March 2020
- Nintendo aired 20 spots over 3,000 times, generating 793 million TV ad impressions
- The most costly spot (est. $2.6 million) was “Animal Crossing: New Horizons — Your Personal Island Paradise”
- Networks with the biggest spend included Nick, Adult Swim, and NBC
- Top programming included SpongeBob SquarePants, This Is Us, and The Loud House
We’ll report back if when we hear more about Nintendo’s ad push in future months.
What do you think?