Big news – The Pokemon Company has announced they have canceled almost every single event held at Pokemon Center and Pokemon Store locations in Japan, in light of the coronavirus outbreak.
Starting February 29, 2020, the following events have been scrapped until further notice:
- Pokemon Bingo Party – All Stores
- Pokemon Mascot Meet-and-Greet – All Stores
- Pokemon Center Mega Tokyo Renewal Commemorative Mascot Meet-and-Greet
- Pokemon Center Kyoto 1 Year Anniversary Mascot Meet-and-Greet
- All Pokemon Workshops – All Stores
In addition, the company is also deciding whether to cancel other Pokemon TCG events at the Pokemon Center and Pokemon Store locations across Japan.
This shouldn’t come as a surprise as The Pokemon Company had previously canceled two other Pokemon TCG tournaments in Japan and one in Hong Kong.
What do you think?
Source: Ninten-Switch, Pokemon.co.jp, NintendoSoup